1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Advice Offered} - Profile causes slow network

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johnston, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnston

johnston Thread Starter

I have a user that has been complaining that his network is slow. When he trys to print, it take about a minute before he gets his print dialogue box. I confirmed this and discovered that when I log in to the network with a different username (profile), that everything works like it should. I had a problem earlier this year with this same user where he had no volume control icon in his systray, but if I logged on as a different user the icon was there. I'm thinking there is some sort of problem with his profile. I have tried deleting his roaming profile and replacing it with his local profile to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem before. He is running a pretty new Dell:
    PII, 400Mhz NT 4.0.

Thanks,

Terry

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

Save his profile settings and files in another folder. Then delete the user from user manager and reboot. then recreate his account (new registry hives), move his previous personal settings to the recreated profile.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/29331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice