1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advice on Google Chrome please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RAYPEV, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RAYPEV

RAYPEV Thread Starter

I am setting up an account with Google adwords to advertise my business.
    They are trying to help me with the set up of the advert etc but downloading the pages of the account is painfully slow with frequent stops and starts and mesages about a problem with the text on the page (this only happens when using the Adwords pages) The adord account manager who is helping me is saying I need to use Google chrome as it will make downloading much better that my older OE7 browser version
    I seem to remember a lot of less than enthusiastic chat about Google chrome on this forum in the past or does my memory deceive me?
    I tried downloading Chrome but it seems to be full of add ons which I don't want.
    When I opted out of these the download had no features on such as file edit favourites tools.
    Can anyone please urgently comment on whether I should change to Google Chrome or not as I have just removed it and gone back to IE7 out of frustration Urgent help please as I am trying to get my advert on line
    Ray

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Why haven't you at least updated to IE8?

Have you tried Firefox?

3. RAYPEV

RAYPEV Thread Starter

Sorry my mistake I am using IE8 not IE7.
    I'm going to have a look at Firefox wish me luck and thanks for your rapid reply.
    Ray

4. RAYPEV

RAYPEV Thread Starter

Just installed Firefox (and rapidly uninstalled!)
    It filled my bookmarks with loads of rubbsh urls for sites I had never put there, also removed some of my bookmarks (one was an adult one so don't know if it is operating a 'family filter?')
    When I tried to play videos on any media ie Google videos, Real Player or you tube I was told to get a plug in. When tried to download this it told me extra updates were needed. Then a black message appeared saying there was a problem and download could not continue. I was invited to quit but it would not let me and in end had to turn off and reboot to get rid of the message!
    I am back on IE8. Problem is it is not compatible with Google Adwords pages and keeps slowing and telling me of problems with script on the page.
    I don't know waht is the answer to this!
    Ray

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Firefox usually installs without a glitch. As for the bookmarks, it will take a little getting used to. I think it's Firefox' biggest flaw. Sure miss my IE Favorites layout.

6. RAYPEV

RAYPEV Thread Starter

Problem is I can't get any plug ins download for videos which makes Firefox useless to me.
    The only reason I want to use a different browser from IE8 is to facilitate access to Google Adwords to get my advert onto Google.
    Seems to me Google Adwords should look at why their site is not able to intergrate with older browsers. I am not a happy bunny ATM and not looking forward to my next attempt via the Adwords site to get my advertisement working!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice