Advice on Mobo for Core-i5-3470

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulb100

I wondered if anyone could advise if H61 Chipset board (cheap £40 boards) is good enough too run the Ivy-Bridge Core-i5..? im sure it can as the boards advertised as 22nm Core-i chips - I just wanted to make sure thats all

Iam wanting a mATX board with SATA3 and 1600Mhz RAM Compat.

thanks

DDR3-1600? I'd suggest saving and getting a Gigabyte board. They're good, reliable, and rather well built. I have a few here that are slightly overclocked (Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 3.2GHz, Intel Pentium E5200 @ 3.75GHz) and have been for over a year without issues.

Looks like you want their GA-H61M series.

paulb100

Gigabyte are my first choice too - i like their Ultra-Durable Tech - the thicker copper for less resistance and better cooling etc, thing is you pay a little bit more for Gigabyte when compared to other boards

paulb100

actually ive just read somewhere that you cant use any 6 series boards with this processor without first updating the bios with a 32nm CPU in first...is this correct?

i dont have the page now but he said 7 series boards only?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online