Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advice on PAYG broadband

359 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I'm UK based and am looking for suggestions\recommendations for a router that will take a PAYG data sim card.

I'm not looking at the small dongles as these usually can only handle around five devices at a time. Must have at least one ethernet port.

Thanks

#6 ·
Perhaps some of our UK members can chime in on this, but from what i have read you would need to make sure you have a router that is compatible with your service so some routers may be locked into a specific company like Virgin, or Three. Huawei B310s-518 Unlocked 4G LTE CPE for example is reported to be 'unlocked' so you can use it on other services.

I would suggest checking with Three to see what they might offer or advise on getting.

https://learningregistry.org/reviews/best-4g-lte-routers/ is one of the links that i reviewed.

#7 ·
No offense to James. But I wouldn't touch anything Huawei with the proverbial ten foot pole.

You can check into Cradlepoint. I looked at their lineup and they have 4GLTE and 5G capable routers that have WiFi and Ethernet ports. The only catch is they seem to not take micro SIM cards. But you can contact them to verify compatibility with your service.

#9 ·
No offense to James. But I wouldn't touch anything Huawei with the proverbial ten foot pole.
Haha you are right and I forgot to mention to be wary of Huawei products. I am not familiar of this type of service so I am left with what I can google ... :D

#8 ·
Thanks James, I’m trying to avoid to much contact with three as I’ve had to go to the ombudsman after they failed to cancel a phone contract for two months. Their data coverage is good but customer service is appalling.
I think cradlepoint would be overkill and far too expensive, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.