Advice on Routers, Modems, DD-WRT.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LovelyH

We currently have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000? Modem/router combo. I've been reading up on how it's better to have the systems separate. I found out I could make the Nighthawk exclusively a modem but not sure what router to go with.

With the size of our house (2000 sq ft) I'm looking for something with a better range and that can handle a good amount of devices, but something that won't take away from bandwidth since we game quite a bit.

I have the highest internet package with TWC. Up to 60 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload.

I was reading into DD-WRT?
I don't know a lot about it but i know it's not supported with our current modem/router.

Any thoughts, advice?

crjdriver

I use this linksys router;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124607
Not the cheapest however it is located upstairs and I can access our network from out in the garage or even from across the street. Good speed and it is dual band so newer devices can run at full speed and old devices can still use the 2.4 wireless. In a 3200 sq ft home, it gives excellent performance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online