Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advice on which laptop to choose? (Acer Aspire)

646 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  itsmarj 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I am in the process of finding a new laptop (my lenovo has fallen apart and I'm headed off to university, so an upgrade is needed). To start off - doing this research has made me feel like the John Snow of technology, in that I have realized I know NOTHING.

I'm looking for a laptop that can of course run word/excel/powerpoint and other simple programs - but I also enjoy playing some heavier video games. In all honestly, I'm mostly talking about the sims 4. That ****'s fun. My current laptop can sort of kinda run it - but it's mostly waiting for 20 minutes for the game to load and then giving up.. Ideally I'm looking for a laptop that can run The Sims 4 (and games of similar size) smoothly and with high quality - with room to add expansion packs without compromising that quality. I know there are fantastic gaming laptops, but most of the ones I've seen are far out of my budget - and I probably won't be playing any of the top notch heavy video games anyway :').

I've found two (very similar?? again, I know nothing) laptops that I think would maybe work, but I'd love your advice because I am honestly very lost. I know a dedicated graphics card and an Intel Core i7 would be good but that's about it.. These are the two laptops I've found:
- Acer Aspire e15 e5-575g-57D4: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GHGAA.004
- Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-71A7: https://snlookup.com/acer-aspire-a515-51g-notebook-nx-gs4eh-003-p137284

I'd love your advice on the specifications of these laptops and what I need to look for most in terms of the specifications, but more general advice or other recommendations on laptops that may be a good fit would be much appreciated! Ideally I'd want to keep the budget below €800 ($980) - but there is some flexibility there.

Thank you so much in advance!!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.