1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advices about better framerate in Morrowind

Discussion in 'Games' started by LordZymeth, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LordZymeth

LordZymeth Thread Starter

YO EXPERTS!!! Icoul use some help, I have Morrowind installed and I have upgradet it with new textures,meshes, icons and other stuff, Before i upgaded the game I had better framerate,Can you help be to get better frame rate ???:D

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Since you had one thread closed with an illegal game, I'll ask if this one is illegal as well?

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Just a thought but if you are using mods that upgrade the textures and meshes it only makes sense that this will negatively impact performance (thats almost always the tradeoff you have to make to pretty games up). Since you had decent frame rates before installing them then its pretty safe to say those are your culprits (also if you have to many mods installed, you stand a good chance of having some running that don't play well together).

If you want to keep using the mods, try disabling all of them in the launcher then add one at a time checking to see how each impacts performance. Start with the one you want the most, keep adding until you get an unacceptable dip then remove the last one and play with whats left.

[edit] sorry if I stepped on toes Candy but that seemed like an innocent enough question to me ... feel free to slap my hands if I oversteped my bounds.

why do I keep spelling liek ... liek ?

4. ~Candy~

No problem on my part. Just asking a question myself :)

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire ;)

5. LordZymeth

LordZymeth Thread Starter

thanks everybody ad yes this is a legal game i think:eek:

6. ~Candy~

You think? :eek:

I don't know that much about games, but, did you actually PAY for it? Or is this an online game? :confused:

7. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Candy ... Morrowind is a single player role playing game, it has no online multplayer capability and is old enough that it can be found in discount bins. It is part of the Elder Scroll series and was the game that preceded Oblivion (surely you have heard of that) :eek:

8. ~Candy~

Sorry, I live a sheltered NON-GAMING existence :D

9. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Some might call you lucky, Candy. ;)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!