1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Advise about sending emails by Gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tradesource, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradesource

tradesource Thread Starter

Hey tech guys,
    I want to send emails to long list of recipients by Gmail, each of them will be shown and receive the email as [To his email address], would like to ask if there is any idea or suggestion about this?
    Thanks,

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you cannot send bulk email from many of the email systems
    There will be various limits imposed, by minute, hour or day

you will need to sign up to one of the bulk email services available on the internet, places like
    sendgrid , mailchimp and many others.

However, there are a number of laws about sending unsolicited emails and recipients need to have opt in to having the email sent
    Also you need to have a system where recipients can unsubscribe from the email list

I dont know what country you are in, but i would look into the laws in your area and make sure you comply , quite a few companies have received substantial fines for Spam emails

US has Can-spam 2003
    UK has Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spam_legislation_by_country

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    gmail allows you to send the same email up to 500 using the web interface.

I looked into this because I manage the database of my high school class and we had 600 members when we graduated.

I sometimes have to send out an email to a few hundred people.

I would send the email to me at another email address then bcc blind carbon copy to the other people.

It is extremely rude to CC everyone and have the world see several hundred email addresses.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!