1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

advise please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rebon, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Well i got the itch to upgrade and i would appreciate any advise for the following,

existing system..... asusa7m266 motherboard, 1.3 athlon cpu, 512ddr ram, gforce3 ti 200 128mb graphics, 40gig ibm hard disk, soundblaster sound card, floppy, cdrom,cdrw, case with 300watt power ect.

I was considering getting a ABIT KR7A-133 motherboard, AMD ATHLON CPU 2100xp and a 60gig MAXTOR hard disk.

Just wondered what you reckon?

-------------
    rebon

2. stanggt2

stanggt2

I do not see any thing wrong with what you have so the question is do you need to upgrade or just want to

3. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Well i just like to keep my pc up to date, and being my main leisure interest i find myself buying pc hardware and software with any spare cash i have.

I guess i want to keep up with the tecnology and like the idea of a 2gig plus pc.

:)

4. stanggt2

stanggt2

5. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Yes i new about the 2100xp speed comparison with intel, seems strange to me that amd use this termanology, must be a copyright thing ?

I took a look at the motherboard you mentioned and seem good to me, i can get it for more or less the same price as the motherboard i mentiond above, £80/£90ish.

thanks for the input.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/83384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice