1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adware Found: Gator(GAIN) wierd issue with it

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Maggz, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

Ok when running spysweeper It keeps detecting Gator's adware software on my computer yet I have no symptoms or installed files (im guessing thanks to Spyware Blaster?) but it still keeps ending up in my temp folder. heres what im talking about

[​IMG]

2. FinestRanger

FinestRanger

Did this just start appearing after the last update? It was also detected on my computer. I ran it. Re-started. It never returned. I'm just curious; I don't have an answer for you. Sorry. :(

3. mach9

mach9

Same here. Last update yielded 1 instance of Gator(GAIN) and 3 traces. When I deleted all from quarentine it said something re Webroot? Am I getting paranoid or something. Webroot is SpySweeper's parent company??? Well, no one else found Gator; I run 8 various Spyware/Trojan/ ActiveX blockers/CWS destroyers, etc. Maybe I'll email them and inquire.

4. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

Now ive got c:\documents and settings\tj\recent\gator.ink WTF is this about?! Im just getting concerned..

5. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

I also noticed that the files are named .tmp.dat and .ink.dat so their not really ink and tmp files their really dat files? And yes I started getting these after the update.

6. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

bump nobody has any info for me?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice