1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adware, spyware & trojans

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Auburn, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auburn

Auburn Thread Starter

Can adware, spyware or trojans put info in your history. I found some questionable things in my children's history that they claim they did not go to. They said that it must be one of the above programs that put it there. My husband immediately installed a prevention program. I thought that our virus program protected us form all of this.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. In answer to your question, yes adware, spyware etc. can add very strange things to your history indeed. And no, unfortunately a virus program does not stop their lowdown dirty tactics of such things. There are other steps you can take and I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with suggestions. Just wanted to keep the kids out of trouble for now ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice