1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

affordable tech support

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by desperado618, Sep 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. desperado618

desperado618 Thread Starter

$5-$10 per incident not paid till question is resolved.Emailed support on operating systems,applications,networks,upgrades, and drivers.

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Do you have a question you need answered? Just not exactly sure what the point of your posting is.

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Oh, I think I understand now. Your trying to get people to email you with problems and then pay you when you've corrected them.

Ok, here is my problem. I'll pay you when you can tell me how to fix it and I don't want to lose any of my data. I have a 66mzg with 16mg of ram running Windows 3.1, well kinda half 3.1 and half W95 now, and I only have 50mg of disk space left.

Ok here it goes. A friend was helping me make it faster and deleted a whole bunch of files. I think they may have been important since a get this error when windows starts, something about unable to find something or other. Is that a bad thing? Anyway, I decided I would just try to install W95 from a CD a friend gave me but now I get a message saying something is missing or something about a vxd being bad. I just hate these darned PCs. A friend suggested I do an fdisky thingy but it said unable to create parts or something like that. I also get kernel errors all of the time. Who is this guy Kernel and why does he hate me so much? My sound does not work at all except when I turn on the light next to the PC and my modem will only dial out when I am not on the phone.

Please help......

Oh and can you please hurry ....

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 09-26-2000).]

4. phobiussno

phobiussno

I think the poster wants to pay us...In that case, it's $20 per issue and in accordance with warranty, there is no guaranteed resolution regarding any 3rd party hardware or software and since I did not build it, then that applies to everything...hehehe.

[​IMG]

5. Kento

Kento

LOL Bhesson!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. AirPolgas

AirPolgas

bhesson,

This might be tricky, but here goes...

You may first want to remove the monitor off of the CPU in case that is the current configuration.

The next step is to disconnect all the wiring so that the CPU would be "stand alone." Make sure you have enough leg room before you hoist the CPU above your head. Failing to remove the said wiring might impede you on the next step.

Go straight to the nearest window, and in case you have somebody there to assist you, ask them to open it. If you are by yourself, continue to the next step.

Look for any passersby wearing a desperado shirt and with full force, throw the CPU at him. If he fails to catch it, you do not have to pay your $5!!!

------------------
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison on South Park

7. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks for all of the suggestions but I am about ready to kill this Kernel guy. He just won't stop causing problems. I got a new Kernel but when I try to click on it, an error pops up and says I need some kind of zippy thing. At first I thought, anything to speed up my PC, but now I can't find a free zippy thing. I found WinZippy but it's just a demo. Well, I'm off to find the wizard. Wish me luck.

And some say we need a Chat section. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 09-26-2000).]

8. phobiussno

phobiussno

Bhesson,
    You are one lucky person...I found the Wizard...He's in Master Control Panel and if you click (may have to do this 3 times) on Add New Hardware then the very first statement you see on the next screen is:
    "This wizard installs the software for a new hardware device"

Make sure you have the proper zippy hardware to speed up the CPU...

9. ETS

ETS

bhesson, can you boot to a floopy?

10. ebot

ebot Guest

I can! From Ten feet away (to boot.) [​IMG]

11. Dan Mc

Dan Mc

I had some troubles with shut downs and figured the thing was runnin' to hot (overclocked a 233 to 733 and added like a bazillion megathingies of that RAM stuff...), so I guessd I needed to cool the CPU doodad...got me some dry ice and a big ol' fan (Westinghouse 30" dealie) and wham!!! I can connect ot the net at like 200,000 bps and have all the RAMMY stuff happeni', so I can like have maybe nine dozen programs all runnin' at once!

Now I need to address the printer thngie...it spits out pages so fast that a ream of paper lasts about 30 seconds!

Still, I have a 52 inch monitor hooked up and MTV runnin' at 65,000 watts...pixels and display are somewhere around 0.000021..real "Krisp"!!!!!!

No error messages at all...I think Gates may wanna have a close peek at my new system...I run 3.1 and blow way big holes in ME!!!

I am gonna send this techie dude a check for about $15K and see if he can build be one of the pear (plumb, apricot, banana, eggplant or some kinda fruit or veggie brand type thingie)

Boy, ain't teknolohgee great???

12. Dan O

Dan O

This thread is going nowhere, I am closing it. Dan-O :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!