1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Africam Update

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Genie616, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genie616

Genie616 Thread Starter

Since the problem with the Africam site and Windows Media Player has changed slightly (and since the other thread was getting too lengthy), I would like to start a new thread. After doing everything everyone said...occasionally two or three times...the site has now progressed from where it says Media Inactive under the place where the webcam streaming picture is supposed to display...it not says Connected.

It says Connected and then displays one dot, then two dots, then three dots, then repeats the process endlessly. However, the "picture" remains a totally black space.

I know it has to be something on my computer, because every one of my friends who also go to this site are happily enjoying seeing the lions, antelope, giraffes, etc.

Have I made any progress by going from Media Inactive to Connected? And does anyone have any suggestion on how to make the streaming video appear?

Thanks for your patience and help.

2. Genie616

Genie616 Thread Starter

I cannot explain why or how, as I have done nothing new since making that last post, but

THE AFRICAM WEBSITE PICTURE IS WORKING!!!!!

Thanks to all who offered their time and effort in making suggestions....perhaps yours is one of the ones that eventually paid off.

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Thatis good news Genie16 ou can now mark both threads solved with the drop down topic tools in the first post of each thread please :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice