After 30 days can't use Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ksiaze

I guess somebody is familiary with this problem, I never heard about it. After reinstall Windows XP from Dell CD, it's appear small popup window with caution "You have 30 days for register". As is original I never register software. Yesterday he call me, he can not use Windows. Yes, it's passed 30 days! He describe me, its appear a log screen, but who know for waht is this. How can I fix it for him? Is there any way without reinstalling again?

You need to call Microsoft (have the XP key handy - it should be on the case, or printed somewhere with the documentation) to activate (registering is optional) Windows.

I would imagine that if you used the Dell restore CD, it would not require you to reactivate.

Ksiaze

lister said:
You need to call Microsoft (have the XP key handy - it should be on the case, or printed somewhere with the documentation) to activate (registering is optional) Windows.

I would imagine that if you used the Dell restore CD, it would not require you to reactivate.
Yes, it is Dell restore CD, and I put the XP key # printed on the label I found on case. I was sure it would not require me reactivate as you wrote (registering is optional). Strange, isn't?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, if you have an Internet connection, you should be able to activate it in moments with no call to Microsoft.

Ksiaze

Thank you, I will try again. I tryed before after I install, but the # key was not recognized.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Make sure you enter each letter and number EXACTLY, or else it'll reject the entire 25-digit product code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If the system is installed, you don't need the product key.

Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Activate Windows. There should be no need to enter the 25 character CD key.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online