Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

After Clicking The Start Icon

695 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Hermitt43 
#1 ·
When I click my 'Start' icon on the bottom left of the taskbar up pops a box with the header 'Owner'. Below that is a selection of icons which are there to enable easy access. But I'm sure you all know that. Problem is, I would like to delete one of the folder icons. I've deleted everything in the folder and deleted the folder itself from 'My Documents' but the folder icon still persists in the window which appears when I click 'Start'. Anyone ?

#3 ·
Yes, I tried that, there isn't. I think I've realised what I've done. I re-named the 'My Pictures' folder which everyone has when they first set up a computer. So I think I've been trying to delete the 'My Pictures' folder which, as I say, I re-named some years back. Perhaps I could just re-name the folder back to 'My Pictures'. What do you think ?

Woops, it won't let me do that either. It says it can't read from source file or disk.
I'm assuming that the reason that I can't re-name or delete this now empty folder is because it's the 'My Pictures' folder re-named 'Aircraft' (BTW). However, can it be removed from the window which appears when I click the Start icon ? Whatever that's called.

#4 ·
Is the folder causing any performance problems with your computer? Do you have a folder marked "My Pictures" now. If not then create a My Pictures folder and install pics or whatever you want into the MY pictures folder. If it is not causing any computer problems by being there, other than the fact that you want it out of the start list, i wouldnt worry about it too much. If i remember correctly i think as you open programs it will eventually move off the start list anyways. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.