1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

After dumping ftp client files to remove Tandem Server...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by lashaeworks4u, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lashaeworks4u

lashaeworks4u Thread Starter

After dumping a load of files to remove Tandem Server from my ftp client because no simple uninstall was available, I then tried to reload my website. I am new at this stuff, but I did have a site up and running... it just required modification. Apparently, my host stopped supporting my Sea Monkey built site for upload and I redeveloped it in Publisher. I found after I had tried to upload the new files that the site appeared as an error page... The page says the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration>
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web></configuration>
    Unfortunately, the host cannot or will not reset my original defaults, and they have yet to assist me with a method for handling this error. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thank you! LBW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!