1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

After installing Paperport 12 .pdf files will not open in browser

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rehmann, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rehmann

rehmann Thread Starter

Hello:
    I have run into an irritating situation. It is not a problem per se but is just a pain. I am working with a Dell Studio 540, 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard drive, Windows 7 Home Premium. I have installed Firefox 3.6.13, Google Chrome and IE 9 Beta. I use all three but primarily Firefox and Chrome. I recently installed Nuance's Paperport 12 along with it's PDF viewer Plus. There are enough features in PDF Viewer Plus that I probably would like to keep that as my PDF reader. It includes a form filler, etc. Anyway, I will open several banking sites in any of the browsers such as Bank of America, Chase, American Express etc. Prior to installing this software if I clicked on a link to "view and print" or "download" a monthly statement this statement would open in a new tab within the browser. That is my preferred method. Now however when I click on these links the statement will end up downloading and saving to my downloads folder as a PDF file. The process will open a new tab or a blank browser window will pop up but the statement ends up downloading. I can open the file from the folder as a PDF file and so forth but I much prefer the statement simply opening in a new tab. I've tried right clicking for a drop down menu to open in a new tab but it won't. I would guess that somehow this program has reset something within the browser or itself to allow these files to go straight to download rather than open in the browser. I have not been able to find the setting in the browser or Paperport to change this back to the original handling. Does anyone have any ideas out there.
    Thanks
    Steve Rehmann

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Some PDF viewers, like PDFExchange, Adobe, or FoxIt, have browser plugins that allow PDF's to open in the browser. Some do not. You need to decide which reader you want and uninstall the others. And you need to pick one with a browser plugin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice