After Oracle install, my desktop gadgets broke. :o

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

monstermike

I installed Oracle a few months ago. (I have since uninstalled it.)

Ever since, my sidebar gadget "all cpu meter" has been broken.

Additionally, my 'core temp' gadget is now broken, and shows 32 degrees F.

I've tried a bunch of things, but nothing's worked.

(A few command prompt lines that someone suggested, no dice. Of course, uninstalled the gadgets. Nothing seems to work.)

Random chaotic hint: I ran crap cleaner and cleaned my registry, and it seemed to work. Then I restarted and the gadgets broke again. (My memory is foggy on this, take with grain of salt.)

Any advice?

Specs:
AMD 6 core processor (shouldn't matter)
2 ati video cards (shouldn't matter)
windows 7 professional 64 bit

TerryNet

Terry
Probably "no dice." :( You "installed Oracle." That's tons of software. Even with the assumption that it was only the software meant for Windows 7 there is still an awful lot there. Even though each piece is probably fine such a large number of programs is bound to lead to trouble.

And then you "tried a bunch of things" and ran a registry wrecker (or, if you prefer the term, a "cleaner").

Maybe somebody will have some other ideas, but my only thoughts are to be glad nothing more is going wrong or to go with the "nuclear" option--reinstall or re-image Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online