After re-install web browser is jerky!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sco

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this problem. My computer had been running really slowly, so I decided to re-install the whole lot.

I have everything back up running, but now when I am in my web browser (ie) and I use the scroll button on my mouse (or drag the side bar to move the page up or down) the page moves but it is moving really really jerkily? (kind of like reading pdf files on a slow computer!) It never used to do this before the re-install, even when it was running slowly.

Can anyone think up a reason why? When I get home tonight I am going to try and download firefox and see if it is a explorer thing, but otherwise I'm stuck for ideas.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Andrew

Firstly, have you reinstalled the video drivers? Reinstalling Windows will have wiped them.
If not the "default" Windows ones will be less than optimum.

Secondly make sure "use smooth scrolling" is enabled in IE (Tools-Internet Options-Advanced)

Damonc

Damon
I'd say video drivers as well. If you have "show contents of window while dragging" turned on and you move a window and it appears to have a slow refresh rate your video card is 'emulating' because it doesnt have the drivers installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts