1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

After reformatting computer,Monitor being strange!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sharky, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i did a reformat of my computer.

since the last time i reformatted about 6 months ago, i changed my monitor(to one that was manufactured in 1996). i had no problems.

after i finished doing a reformat today(im on a different computer now),the monitor shows multiple WIndows Xp desktops,like 5-15! all kind of scratchy so i can barely make out the screens.

i booted into safe mode,there is no problem, a normal WINDOWS XP desktop appears. i did a "add harware" search in safe mode, came back negative.

2. brite750

brite750

the safe mode thing could be a clue, and indicate a driver problem, if you have a video card try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling. Go to device manager in safe mode and remove video driver, shut down and reboot see if you can get into windows then.

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

bingo!

went into safe mode,removed drivers from my insatlled video card,rebooting and problem went away

thanks a mil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/365483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice