After reinstalling Windows some of my Hard Disk space has disappeared D=

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jeebopz

Hopefully someone here can help me with this.

So I had to reset factory settings on my laptop today and when reinstalling Windows Vista I accidentally installed it twice, I did not realise this until afterwards, this could be part of the problem.

After installing drivers and everything I realised that in "My Computer" it said that the hard drive (C: ) only has around 20Gb out of 58Gb remaining, when irl the drive is at least 160Gb - 200Gb and before the reinstalling Windows there was over 80-100Gb free!
*I'd Just like to add I only have 2 Hard Disk Drives available/listed in "My Computer": 'Vista (C: )' and 'System(S: )'

Now, I think this could be because I installed windows on the wrong drive? I remember when I installed windows, there were 3 drives available, 2 of them had "primary" next to them and I just chose the first one which was the largest and had "primary" next to it.

It also may partly be to do with me installing Windows twice but this is probably less to do with this issue.

could someone tell me how I can either undo this or retrieve the missing space somehow?

Big Thanks in advance! <3

Jeebopz

Ok I just worked out how to do it with disk management, damn, that was easier than i thought it would be.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online