After Router Resets: Limited Connectivity on all Computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gilganjun

I hope someone can help me I'm really not great at networking!

In my very small office there are two routers - one Asus is plugged into a Netgear router and the Netgear is plugged into ADSL filter which is then plugged into wall socket.

We had some internet drop outs yesterday, with both routers showing "limited connectivity", they'd work for 5 minutes then stop working (saying "limited"). We don't have an official IT person at the moment, the last one left recently, but someone decided to reset both routers using the button/pinhole on the backs of them. Since then we haven't got any internet at all. It just says "limited" all the time in the Windows system tray.

I'll be at the office in 4 hours and won't have any internet there so I'm hoping to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible to hopefully fix the internet problem when I get there. Any help / tips would be much appreciated. Here are the names of both routers if that's any use:

Netgear N300 Wireless Dual Band + Modem Router

Asus Gigabit Router

TerryNet

Terry
Was the reset of the Netgear a simple reset (very similar to a power cycle) or was it a reset to factory defaults? If the latter, was any needed configuration (e.g., account and password) performed?

When you connect a computer to the Netgear by ethernet you get a valid IP configuration and can communicate with the router but have no internet access?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online