1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

after setting speefan on, mobo and core temp went up??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gal_kimhi, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

hi!

i just set up SpeedFan, and when i am gaming, my Motherboard temp goes upto 56C and my core temperature go upto 52C.
    Gpu temp is ok @ 64-70C, CPU temp is [email protected] 39C and all the fans are working...

WTF????

mobo: Asus M4A78-E
    CPU: Phenom IIx4 920 @ 2.8Ghz
    GPU: Sapphire 4870HD 1Gb Vapor-X

2. TekTime

TekTime

What kind of gauge (software/hardware) are you using to compare the temps?

If you are comparing your previous gauge's temperatures to speedfans (the increased temperatures) it's possible that the temps vary only due to the sensors in speedfan; thus still the same in real world temperature.

A bit more info is needed to full understand your situation though..

3. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

i use CPUid

what other info do u need?

4. TekTime

TekTime

So... your temperatures increased in CPUid once you installed Speedfan?

5. gal_kimhi

gal_kimhi Thread Starter

yeah but now actually i uninstalled speedfan and my fans run on full... the thing is that my MB temp is now around 48 idle and 56 load, while my core temp is 37 idle and 49 on load.

are these figures ok??

6. TekTime

TekTime

Your core temperatures are fine, but your motherboard temps are a bit high. I would imagine the core temps would be higher than the motherboards.

Do you have decent airflow in the case? Sounds as if the motherboard's heat-sink isn't cooling the
    mobo properly. Are you familiar with removing heat sinks and checking to ensure there is ample thermal compound between the mobo chip and the heatsink? If so, I would recommend giving it a check. Thermal compound misapplication can cause overheating issues, and both surfaces (chip & heat sink) need to be properly "lapped".

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice