1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

After shutdown and install updates no hard drive is detected

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Edgar123, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Edgar123

Edgar123 Thread Starter

I have a windows vista hp pavvilion a6137c desktop pc and the other day I was just doing what I've done casually for 3 years now is just surfin YouTube and what not. So after finishing up on the computer I decide to shut it down so I go and turn it off but I see the shutdown button has the "shutdown and install updates" alert so I hit it turn off the moniter and walk away. I come back the next morning and now when I Turn on the computer it reads "No bootable drives detected please insert proper media and reboot". I don't know all that much about computers so if anyone cam help me and be really specific on how to fix it it would be so deeply appreciated thank you.

2. ken1987

ken1987

just a simple problem that you encounter dude. there are 3 possible way, 1st, check your hard drive if it has loose attached to the connector..then 2nd.change the IDE cable connector to the new one. if you have extra well its good. In last but the least. change your hard drive and try to reboot.ok

3. ken1987

ken1987

no matter how pc are moderalized. it doesnt matter.

4. ken1987

ken1987

you must take computer lesson. so that you know the basic dude...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!