1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

After SP2; Hotfix reg entries. Remove safely?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mach9, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mach9

mach9 Thread Starter

SP2, XP Pro. Safely installed and stable now after a few minor gliches. Went to Add/Remove and none of the long list of Hotfixes is there anymore, just SP2. Reg Seeker seems to be listing all of them for removal. Glad to do so, but wanted to check here before doing so. Is it safe to eliminate the registry entries for the "old" Hotfixes?

2. mach9

mach9 Thread Starter

Bump. (y)

3. mach9

mach9 Thread Starter

To be more exact. Among the GREEN marked entries (safe for deletion according to RegSeeker) are a group of registry entries all called Obsolete Entries. Examples=KB10243, a bunch other KB's then a series of Q's. These appear to be the pre SP2 Hotfixes. The path: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppManagement\ARPCache\KB10243 and so on . Altho the Add/Remove listing is gone, these individual fixes are still on the computer. Watching asquared run, I saw all of them listed. I question whether they are truly "obsolete" despite what this program tells me. Any suggestions? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice