Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

After Windows update hp laptop keyboard no longer works

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  johnebadbak 
#1 ·
this morning my laptop was working fine but now after a windows update the touch pad and keyboard don't work. i have already reset took out battery and tried again. i also did a system restore to 2 previous dates. after that didn't work i went into the BIOS screen at start up and reset the defaults which showed i had keyboard usage just not when using the OS. These all haven't worked so i went into device manager and scanned for updates to the drivers with no success. idk what else i should try before getting it professionally looked at. any advice is welcome just read what ive already tried, thank you :)

#2 ·
Attach an external keyboard and uninstall the Windows update. Shut down the computer, remove the external keyboard then turn on the laptop and see if the keyboard now functions.
If it does, hide the Windows update so it does not install again and cause a problem.

#3 ·
I currently do not only a external keyboard but I have read online that it is just a temporary solution. Something interesting I found while looking at the keyboards that there were two keyboard shown one being the standard built in laptop and the other one I do not know. I have only an external USB mouse could that be causing the problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.