AFW.sys needed to install the windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lllAE86lll

I tried to install windows xp professional. When it is installing the os in the blue screen. A pop up says. I tried to reinstall my windows xp because it couldnt boot up because it say that my drv.sbd got corrupted or missing file so i try to reinstall the os but problem popped up.

The file AFw.Sys (unknown) is needed

and they ask me to browse it for the path file but i cant find it nowhere.

And then it says

The exception unknown software exception (0XC0000409) occurred in the application at location 0X6976Ea96

Then i cant install my windows xp..

I cant finish installing my os because the problem keep occuring.

Is there any possible for me to fix this problem so i can proceed to install my os?

A help would be really appreciate it.

I have Windows XP Professional legit cd of it.

lllAE86lll

After i put the product key.

A pop ups shows and says

The software you are installing for this hardware

Agnitium Firewall Miniport

Has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compability with windows xp

Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware?
I keep pressing no or yes. The pop up still shows up and i cant continue installing my windows xp. What can i do?

lllAE86lll, try wiping the hard drive once before you try and install, if you have all your personal files backed up;
use this free program it will give you a fresh clean hard drive to work with;
http://www.dban.org/download
And if you have any more questions just let us know.

Here is some info on the Agnitium Firewall Miniport issue;
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...sult&cd=1&q=Agnitum+Firewall+Miniport&spell=1
I don't know if this helps but try the wipe and then install and post back with any comments or problems OK.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online