Age of Empires 2 age of kings install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dr.Kool

when i try to install Age of Empires 2 age of kings, it works until it tries to write to the file, "graphics.drs". graphics.drs goes from 8% complete and still going when it gets to 35% complete, but when it gets to 35% complete, it stops for a while then brings up the error message, "unable to write to the file "graphics.drs" please make sure you have enough hard disk space and that the file is not in use.
i dont think it is in use as i never opened it, just put in the disk and tried to install, i have 2.3 gigs left on my hard disk. and it only requires 126 megabites.
help me please anyone!
cheers.
someoneverycool.

have you tried installing the games on any other computer to see if the Game installer is not having any problems.

I had this problem as well, is the disk scratched and what OS are you using? Also what version of AoK are you installing?

Dr.Kool

how do i know what version im installing and i got windows xp if thats what u mean, ( home edition ) hmmm the cd is kinda scratched, thats probably the problem,

unfortunatly I believe that is your problem. luckly it's not too much to get another these days. sorry we couldn't be of more help

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Dr.Kool said:
good idea, but yes it does work on other comps. :(
Lil Davie said:
unfortunatly I believe that is your problem. luckly it's not too much to get another these days. sorry we couldn't be of more help
If it works in another machine then I don't think it's the CD. Maybe try a cleaner for the CD drive to see i that works for you.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ethier your CD drive needs cleaning or replaced.

A CD-ROM drive is not expensive (about $10, $20 for CD-RW) if you need to replace it.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
surface scratches are fine, it's the deep ones you need to worry about.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online