1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of Empires 2 scroll problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tiberian, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tiberian

Tiberian Thread Starter

Hey, i've recently been trying to play Age of Empires 2 on my XP computer, but whenever i start a game, the screen will scroll constantly up to the top right, making it unplayable.

It seems to be a common problem with newer graphics cards and drivers but i can't find any real solution to get around it without installing ancient drivers (which really isn't an option since, that in itself causes more problems.

So does anyone know of a work around fix? Maybe a user made patch that will stop it scrolling up constantly? Any help would be great because i really want to play this game again.

As for my rig details, i'm pretty sure just knowing my graphics card and os is enough.
    Intel 2.8ghz
    ATI X800xt

2. cancon

cancon

hmmm... are you sure this isn't a mouse problem?

Sometimes your mouse might encounter an error and zoom to the top right when the game is launched and stick there. It's happened to me before :D

Worth a shot anyway...

3. Tiberian

Tiberian Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure its not a mouse problem as the scroll problem is a known issue on Microsoft's support page for Age 2. There only suggestion is to install ancient drivers. Thanks for the response though.

4. mini_jono

mini_jono

I encountered a similar problem with thief deadly shadows, the character would very slowly slide to the front-right of the map.
    I later found that this was sown to a console-style controller that had been plugged in and had one of the joysticks stuck ever so slightly.
    You shoul dcheck its nothing like that :]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/660474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice