1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors IP trouble

Discussion in 'Games' started by Linkmax, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Linkmax

Linkmax Thread Starter

Well, I've been trying to host a TCP/IP game for AOE2: Conquerors, I have my computer behind a Linksys WRT54GL router, with my computer in the DMZ. When I have someone try to join my game, they can see the name they have to click on to join, but when they try it say's something like "Cannot Connect". When I'm in the multiplayer setup menu, I click the IP button (the one that tells you the external IP) but it keeps bringing up my internal IP (192.168.1.150).

I'm pretty sure they should be able to connect, and I'm also pretty sure that the IP button shouldn't show my Internal IP if I'm in a DMZ with all of my firewalls off. What could be going on?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

~Linkmax

2. Linkmax

Linkmax Thread Starter

*bump*

Anyone?

3. Dayison

Dayison

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537346