1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of empires 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dedock, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dedock

Dedock Thread Starter

Hi I am trying to connect to my friend to play aoe2 the expansion and am having some problems. As Microsoft appear to be a bunch of cheap [email protected]#%s and have retired the gaming lobby on the zone I am trying to connect through ip to my friend who is on a wireless router. When he searches for games I hosted with my ip none come up. I have added the port 47624 Incoming, as it says to do on the microsoft support website.(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895864/en-us) Also I am using the windows exp firewall and it is allowing age of empires 2. I tried disconnecting my Linksys wrt54g router and my friend was able to see and join my game but I need the router for my other computer. Until today I had no idea how the ports work so my knowledge of them is still very basic. Thanks in advance, Morgan.

2. redivivus

redivivus

Gamepark.eu

Vetev.com

3. Cstrikedish

Cstrikedish

Well, I like the age of empires 2 too. I often play it with my brother at home by using network, and sometimes we can't search each other also. Then we restart the game and the problem disappear. There is nothing wrong about firewall. Maybe you could change another router, and try it again! Hope this helps.

Regards.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice