1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age Of Empires II is crashing to desktop after a small played time!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mari0-Br0s, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mari0-Br0s

Mari0-Br0s Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with my game Age Of Empires II. After 5 to 10 minutes of played time, the game is crashing to desktop without any error message. This is happening from the time I've changed my video card. I think that the driver I'm using for my video card are incompatible with the game. I have the lastest drivers of nVidia installed. Is there anything I can do to arrange this little bug?

Thanks
    Phil

2. McTimson

McTimson

It sounds like an overheating or faulty power supply problem to me...try running it with the side of the case off, and awith a fan pointing towards it, and see if that helps.

3. Mari0-Br0s

lol a fan istalled in the video card and i got 5 case fans 88mm and 1 volcano 9 for the cpu. I'm monitoring my video card with SmartDoctor, and it'is not overheating. All my others games works fine. and they are a lot more powerful then AOE2 lol.

4. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

Mari0-Br0s:

If you have the latest patch for the game, try adjusting the video options in the game, you might have to go backwards as far as what is turned on (details low etc), you also might try messing with compatibality mode and see if that can keep it running, you can do that by right clicking on the program icon and selecting the compatibility tab.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Mari0-Br0s:

I know what you are going through. I have one question: Does the CD still play the game music even though the game has been terminated?

The solution I had was to change the drivers to an earlier version (I think), but since I got Windows XP I have never got the problem back.

6. Mari0-Br0s

nope, the sound is stopping since the game is crashing to the desktop.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Interesting. :) I thought it was weird that my game CD was still playing the music even though the game crashed out. I know it is a graphics problem. You just need to play around with the settings.

Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, or changing the Hardware Accelerator to None in Control Panel. Last thing is to change the resolution in the game (In options) to a lower setting (if it's not on 800x600 already)

8. Mari0-Br0s

ok, when i'm running it into the win98 mode and when i desable the hardware accelerator, i can play with no problem at single player. But when I want to play via TCP/IP Directplay, 5 minutes after the beginning of the game i'm getting a error, and it's says Tha game has been saved for a restore. The game wasn't synchronized with the others players....

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    that might be anything from your modem to the other computers, to your ISP, to your gameroom...

10. Mari0-Br0s

thx man, hé have you played Final Fantasy X-2 ?

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    not yet... PS2 is broke :(

12. Mari0-Br0s

well, it is nice but the girls are so stupid!!!

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    lol well I guess I will have to see

14. Mari0-Br0s

oh well i've fixed the problem to be able to play online. I had to unoverclock my PC. It was running to fast! (LOL)

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    well they do say overclocking can cause issues... lol
    Well that's something I will add into my knowledge of crashes. Good job! :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/187922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice