1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of mythology and video card

Discussion in 'Games' started by Greenseason, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greenseason

Greenseason Thread Starter

We have an error mess that reads as follows:
    Unable to determine status of the installed video card.
    Please check the video card configuration.

I have checked the config on the card and run diagnostics, so far everything has checked out as OK.
    What am I missing?
    BACKGROUND INFO:
    Win98SE recently upgraded to WinME 4.90.3000
    Pentium III 512 meg Ram
    Rage FuryPro/ Expert 2000 Pro
    Asic Type : Rage 128 pro
    Bus type AGP 1X, 2X, 4X
    Memory size: 16 m
    Memory type : sdrsgram 1:1 ratio/ sdram
    Release version: d6.40-cd20c

2. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure you get the latest drivers for your card from www.ati.com, and check if there are any patches available for the game as well.

3. Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey

Well, in the Age of Mythology readme, it lists a bunch of ATi Rage cards (not yours specifically) as being unsupported, and yours barely meets the minimum requirements even if it is supported, so I'm not sure if you can play without an upgrade or two.

4. juxtaposed75

juxtaposed75

I used to have a 16MB ATI Rage Pro, notice i said "used to" cause that was the suckiest card ever, it had lots of problems with not being compatible with games, and it had a lot of Open GL problems as well. Which made the games that i did have run like ... well, you know. I would definately think about getting a newer card. I said in another post that i have a Nvidia 64MB MX card mx/mx400. A lot of people don't like the MX cards but i haven't had any problems out of mine *knocks on wood* Hope that helps.

5. Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey

People don't hate MX cards because they malfunction, but rather because they are slower than the other cards, don't have as many features, and are usually named to fool the uninformed consumer into thinking they're getting a great card.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/181177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice