1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of Mythology file corrupt

Discussion in 'Games' started by jerricho, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerricho

jerricho Thread Starter

Hi,
    My Age of Mythology installation CDs were working fine for so many days till yesterday.
    I tried to install the game but the installation froze at 94% where textures.bar was being copied. I hit the Retry key again and again but it said that it couldn't read from the CD. So I hit the ignore key and went ahead. When I ran the game everything went topsy turvey. The game ran but there was no graphics or textures but only square patches in red, green and white. The entire map was a huge color patch with no units visible and everything was blurred by those annoying patches.
    I tried reinstalling it again but everytime textures.bar happened to be the problem during installation. I am sure that the textures.bar file in CD2 is corrupt. Can anyone tell me what to do about this ??

2. joythompson

joythompson

As far as I know its unlikly a file on a CD will become corrupt, are the CD's scratched or worse have patches missing ?

3. jerricho

jerricho Thread Starter

Well, as my CD was working fine I guess it must be a scratch. And I am sure it is because I can see some lines on the CD.
    I tried to clean it with toothpaste but didn't work out. So is there a way I can download that file from somewhere?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/293553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice