1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of mythology problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by coolestpelican, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coolestpelican

coolestpelican Thread Starter

Running cd image of AoM on XP
    tried running the game, it started, played the vids fine, then collapsed to this error message:

"MSXML 4.0 is not properly installed" error

tried fixing this problem by following this:

"I've been searching for the solution to this problem also, however i seem to have found a solution to it.

Im on Windows Xp, make sure you got the msxml4.dll file and its located at "c:\windows\system32". Next i manually registered it in the following way.

Start -> Run

Write the following... "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll" and hit accept.
    This way your manually registering the dll. After doing this the game worked fine on me."

however I get this error:

"loadlibrary("c:\windows\system 32/msxml4.dll")failed - a dynamic link library instalization routine failed"

i can find no solutions anywhere for this problem

2. McTimson

McTimson

Try reinstalling MSXML4.0, you can get it here.

3. coolestpelican

coolestpelican Thread Starter

I actually did that already, at least I think I did it properly, I downloaded the second file on that page, but I'm really unsure as to which is the right one.

What are the differences?

4. McTimson

McTimson

I would get the first one, the 5MB one. The other files are for if you are distributing your own installer, and you need to include those files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!