1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Age of Mythology vista error

Discussion in 'Games' started by StephanGFX, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StephanGFX

StephanGFX Thread Starter

I just bought a new Acer Aspire 3680 Notebook PC that came with vista on it. I installed age of mythology expansion and fully updated it (manually). When I go to multiplayer and then type in my login credentials and hit sign in, it loads for a few seconds and gives me the following error:

Unable to connect with ESO (on UPD port 2300) do to a network error or lack of administrator rights. visit www.eso.com for more information.

I googled it over and over again and I couldn't come up with anything. I did find out that this is a common error with vista computers. I am also on a wireless network. I opened the ports 2300 and 64520 on UDP already. I also edited the shortcut for aom so that I have admin rights etc.

Help would be greatly appreciated :D

2. tokoolfive

tokoolfive

You probably have to change it to be compatible for xp. To do this, you right click on the icon. Then click property. Click the compatibility tab. Under compatibility mode, check the box and scroll and find xp. then while ur there double check and make sure that at the bottom the admin is checked (run this program as an administrator)

3. gammaster

gammaster

i have problems with aom on vista but i have a desktop computer non notebook and it goes online with aom but it blacks out and says video card has failed and it exceeds the requirements and i had a pro look at it and he coulndn't figure it out so ya

4. gammaster

gammaster

also i have aoe II and aoe II expanstion and they work find on vista

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/604804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice