1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGI slot?

Discussion in 'Games' started by galehickey, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. galehickey

galehickey Thread Starter

I purchased an AGP card for a game. After installing the eMachine T2615 (MOBO L7VMM2) would not pick up same. I was told that eMachines use a proprietory AGI standard.
    So my question concerns the physical layout of an AGI stadard. Will an AGP card fit into an AGI slot or is AGI a standard and not a slot? Thanks.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Never heard of it.

According to eMachines, the original video is onboard. There is an AGP slot. My guess is that you did not disable the onboard card in the BIOS because it would use that as the video and not the AGP card you put in.

3. galehickey

That is the problem...there is no mention of an onboard video in the BIOS. There is an AGP slot but I am told it is a variant of the AGP standard...AGI standard. Thanks.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Look for intergrated video.

I'm 99% sure there's no AGI, other than Average Gross Income ;) :D

5. valis

valis Moderator

AGI is a proprietary deal by emachines (http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?p=323151) but it's about as useful as a third wheel. You can google for help with it, but more likely than not your agp card won't play nice with it. Emachines; make a proprietary slot, but fail to make a card for it. God bless them.

You MAY be able to find a riser card that will fit into the AGI slot and have AGP accomodations, but that's going to be someone's mod, and probably not exactly commercially available. I'd hit google and see what you can find, and then call emachines and drop them in the grease.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    interesting. :) Thanks for the info! The eMachines site said it was an AGP slot though... that's false advertisement there.

7. valis

valis Moderator

8. galehickey

valis I believe you are right about the grease. CompUSA salesperson remarked that eMachines (when it comes to games) are very good boat anchors. Not interested in excuses for their L7VMM2 mobos. I spent $200+ for a ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (256 MB) AGP card. Will not work. Period. Bottom line.
    " History
    The company appeared in September 1998 as a joint venture between Korean monitor maker KDS and Korean computer manufacturer TriGem" Lasted 5 years. Gateway bought them out.
    .......'nuff said.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/526734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice