Agp and pci graphic card, one machine, having issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nelson990

I have an old ati agp all-in-wonder 32mb that great for displaying out to my tv for games and dvds but it didn't play my games no more(not new games) so I picked up a cheap 64mb nvida mx400 pci card and put it in the 3 slot down. Since then the nvida card has taken over. I can play my games fine but no out put to the tv any more. I get a code 12 on my ati, says that I need to free up resources or disable a device. I tried to disable the nvida but that just disabled the card and ati is still in error. Bios is pointed to agp which is the ati card. I don't care if they both run at the same time(I would like that thought) but I at least want the ablitity to switch back and forth between the two. Anybody have any ideas.

Hey there. I'd like to think that I'm a master at all of these sort of problems since I've dinked with many different card configurations for multi-monitors.

Yes, nVidia's drivers seem to prevail over all other when it comes to DirectX games. I've found no way around that. This is your problem is that the nVidia card appears to be primary to Windows.

What you'll want to do is to make sure that, within your BIOS, you've got your AGP card specified as primary. That would be your best hope. Otherwise, what I resorted to doing...keep your AIW AGP card in and go and pickup a cheap, 2D-only card. The one that I recommend is the Matrox Millenium II 4MB PCI card. That way DirectX has NO WAY of confusing which card is primary.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online