1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP card doesn't fit into slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shazzatpm, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shazzatpm

shazzatpm Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

I recently bought an AGP 8x nVidia 7600gt. However, it doesn't fit into my AGP slot. It is loose and I am scared of putting too much force on it that it will dmaage it.

I'm also not aware of what that tag on the end does?

The smaller of the two slots is facing the front of the computer. I'm also thinking that it isn't aligned properly.

Any help?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sometimes, certain cards just don't fit on certain boards. I've had to return a couple because they hit against something. A couple other times, I managed to make them fit by shaving off an edge, but this is risky work and no circuit traces can get damaged in the process.

3. shazzatpm

shazzatpm Thread Starter

Arghhh.... Well all the slots look to be in place. I really hope this is not the case, otherwise I am sure to cry. Heh. :(

4. batharoy

batharoy

If you tell us the manufacturer of the video card and what motherboard you have it will be easier to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/598078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice