1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP graphic card is dead

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by extremelyawesome, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. extremelyawesome

extremelyawesome Thread Starter

My Leadtek A6600GT 128MB TDH AGP Graphic card has died. I can use the card but the colors are destroyed and I have little colored dots on the color. Black & white is fine? I have to resort to using this random 32MB card with by 1440x900 scrreen, I only get 16BIT!!!

If youve had problems with the same card, post here.

2. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

The card has bad RAM on it. It's time to replace the card.

3. Compiler

Compiler

Time for an upgrade.... er replacement. AGP is pretty much dead but at least a $50 card will surpass your $200 dead card. Here is a performance chart: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...nstream-quality-update-3/F.E.A.R.-2,1648.html

The 7300GT is slightly slower than the 6600GT (8fps) and your 6600GT is sure not faster than the 6800Ultra (10fps). You don't want to invest too much into your computer... I'm an AMDer, I know what you have... good ole' chips. So you either upgrade the whole system for PCIe which gives you far more performance and options ($400 or so) or spend about $50 to get you going for now.

Here are newegg's list of AGP cards: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Order=PRICE

6200 = $40 @ 03fps (estimate)
    3450 = $50 @ 11fps and is a tad faster than the 6800Ultra
    4350 = $55 @ 21fps (wow)... at this point, you'll be hitting the limitations of your AMD-XP CPU.
    3650 = $60 @ 38fps

I wouldn't bother with anything more than a 4350.

4. extremelyawesome

5. extremelyawesome

If i get the AMD Athlon 64 x2 that I want, I get the Inno3d Geforce 7900i 256MB.

If I change to intel, I'd get a basic Pentium 4 3.00GHz to save money and I'd get the 4350.

6. Compiler

Compiler

Not sure what you mean... I guess you're looking at older PC parts... 7900 & 4350 are about the same. A P4 wouldn't be much faster than what you have now. But old CPUs & mobos like that should go for about $50 at the most.

A new AMD X2 CPU is about $55, a modern board is about $55~80. If you spend $$$ on hardware that is too old such as the P4... you'll still end up spending quite a bit more to replace it again... Such P4s are still at the bottom of the pack by todays standards.

What are you working with? Budget and such? You'll still need a newer PSU for newer computers.

7. extremelyawesome

Ok I'm fixed graphic card is radeon 9200pro 128mb

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice