AGP Issues ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TFrom66

Hey all...just built a new Gaming system and when i power it up my montior does not pick up on video...(light on monitor keeps blinking) I double checked to ensure monitor is hooked up to video, i also re-installed video card, and i also re-sat proc. Here's my specs:
Epox 8rda3+
AMD XP 3000
Nvidia 5900 ultra 256 Video
Corsair XMS 512 3200

Check all other conections and that the ram is seated properly as is the CPU/heatsink.

TFrom66

zeddy said:
Check all other conections and that the ram is seated properly as is the CPU/heatsink.
Yes..I have reseated memory and double checked all connections..monitor works fine as well (im using it right now)

TFrom66

zeddy said:
Is there anything showing up on the onboard diagnostics?
The display on MB is reading FF so it seems like a normal boot..is that what you are refering too ?

Try running the graphics card at the minimum xAGP the mobo allow and the memory at 333mhz to see if it boots.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
TFrom66 said:
The card works fine i put the card in my other comp and it works
Good, one less thing to worry about ;)

zeddy said:
Try running the graphics card at the minimum xAGP the mobo allow and the memory at 333mhz to see if it boots.
Hi zeddy. This may be a silly question on my part, but is there another way of setting that other than in the bios setup? Wondering about the clear cmos jumper as I get the impression he gets no video whatsoever.

TFrom66

zeddy said:
Is there a setting on MB for that because i cant get into Bios to change AGP and Mem Settings

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
:D Try clearing the cmos by moving the jumper on the motherboard, disconnect power supply first. Also, is there onboard video per chance?

TFrom66

AcaCandy said:
:D Try clearing the cmos by moving the jumper on the motherboard, disconnect power supply first. Also, is there onboard video per chance?
No..it's a Epox 8rda3+ board ill try clearing cmos on board...good point

TFrom66

AcaCandy said:
Good, one less thing to worry about ;)

Hi zeddy. This may be a silly question on my part, but is there another way of setting that other than in the bios setup? Wondering about the clear cmos jumper as I get the impression he gets no video whatsoever.
Thats exactly it...i get no video what so ever

TFrom66

AcaCandy said:
Ok I cleard CMOS but still nothing...another thing i just noticed is that it does not beep like a comp should when it boots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online