AGP Issues ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ram inserted tightly? If more than one chip, test one at a time.

TFrom66 said:
another thing i just noticed is that it does not beep like a comp should when it boots
You wanna hear beeps ? try removing the memory , if it beeps you can assume the mobo is OK.

TFrom66

deHakkelaar said:
You wanna hear beeps ? try removing the memory , if it beeps you can assume the mobo is OK.
Well...pulled out mem and no beeps..looks like nfg mobo !!??

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You know, I've heard that it should beep without memory, but I think I've seen boards where it doesn't. Also, are you sure the speaker is hooked up ;) That makes a difference ;)

But, I agree, it definitely could be the board. Do you have a PCI video card laying around you can try?

TFrom66

AcaCandy said:
You know, I've heard that it should beep without memory, but I think I've seen boards where it doesn't. Also, are you sure the speaker is hooked up ;) That makes a difference ;)
yes...speaker is plugged in..so far this is what i have done...
reseated proc
unplugged all drives and plugged in one at a time
reseated mem
Replugged PS to board
installed diff Video card
reseated sound card and tried w/o sound card
Next ill tey cutting it in half with chainsaw..see if that works...lol

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, I'd say RMA the board ;) Before you cut it in half :D

BTW, I'm assuming you've connected things OUTSIDE the case to be sure we aren't shorting against the case?

Just looked up the board & looks like Epox is using the Award BIOS which should give beeps if memory is removed.

And by the way if any of you live nearby a place in the US called Adrian , could you deliver a molotov cocktail for me at these guys :
http://www.wholesalebandwidth.com/
My father almost got a hart attack opening his mail yesterday , 30 new mails if he wanted to have his pen.s enlarged ... man he is retired , old & doesn't live in the US :D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Lol, at least HE is a HE :eek: Where shall I forward mine :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online