1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP port compliancy and Video cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slmndr13, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slmndr13

slmndr13 Thread Starter

I'm still using an old Soyo motherboard (6BA+III) and trying to squeeze a little more time out of it before my next major upgrade.

I'm long overdue for a new videocard and saw a Nvivia Geforce2 mx 400 onsale at tigerdirect for $10 after rebate.

I don't play the newest games, so I'm not reluctant to get something older and somewhat out of date as long as it will work.

However, the Geforce 2 requires and AGP 2.0 compliant port and my mobo has an AGP 1.0 compliant port. I assume this isn't going to fly, so I'm thinking about buying an Nvidia TNT 2 AGP card with 32Megs.

Am I correct about the Geforce 2 not working with my current board?

Any downside to using TNT2?

Like I said I don't play cutting edge games, I just want to upgrade to the degree that I can until I get a new system. My current video card is a 8MB Riva 128, so its a pretty weak link in my system.

2. zeddy

zeddy

I believe that as long as a video card can run at 2xAGP it will be fine.

3. Brockman

Brockman

That TNT card is a great card, i had one all my games worked upgraded to a 7500 64meg. ddr card and some games just freeze.

4. compilerxp

compilerxp

For $10, its worth a shot...

The GF2mx should work in ANY AGP motherboard...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice