AGP port compliancy and Video cards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slmndr13

I'm still using an old Soyo motherboard (6BA+III) and trying to squeeze a little more time out of it before my next major upgrade.

I'm long overdue for a new videocard and saw a Nvivia Geforce2 mx 400 onsale at tigerdirect for $10 after rebate.

I don't play the newest games, so I'm not reluctant to get something older and somewhat out of date as long as it will work.

However, the Geforce 2 requires and AGP 2.0 compliant port and my mobo has an AGP 1.0 compliant port. I assume this isn't going to fly, so I'm thinking about buying an Nvidia TNT 2 AGP card with 32Megs.

Am I correct about the Geforce 2 not working with my current board?

Any downside to using TNT2?

Like I said I don't play cutting edge games, I just want to upgrade to the degree that I can until I get a new system. My current video card is a 8MB Riva 128, so its a pretty weak link in my system.

I believe that as long as a video card can run at 2xAGP it will be fine.

That TNT card is a great card, i had one all my games worked upgraded to a 7500 64meg. ddr card and some games just freeze.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online