AGP Pro?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Hello chicken dude! :)

I found this, if it is any help:

AGP Pro had been released in April 1999 to provide that necessary power and consequent cooling to a computer system. The AGP Pro Connector is fully backward compatible and offers additional pins at the front and the back of the connector.

Like the AGP slot, the AGP Pro slot comes in different versions, which are AGP Pro 3.3V, AGP Pro 1.5V and AGP Universal. The first two have blocking pins to prevent insertion of an unsupported AGP (Pro) card. All the motherboards with AGP Pro slot that we reviewed so far are using the AGP Pro Universal slot.

The current AGP slot can supply up to 25 W to the graphics card. With the two additional pins, PRSNT1# & PRSNT2# , the AGP Pro cards report its power requirements to the motherboard. An AGP Pro slot can provide a total of 50W or 110W.

Wet Chicken

Hello pyritechips :)

Oh dear, now I'm even more confused than before... :p

Looks like I better do some reading on this subject ;)

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Hello again:

From what I understand, you can use an AGP card in an AGP Pro slot but you can't use an AGP Pro card in a AGP slot (except for the Universal format).

It seems that AGP Pro allows for much higher wattage levels, 50-110W compared to 25W.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online