1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrewp, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andrewp

andrewp Thread Starter

hello everyone,
    i think my AGP slot on my motherboard is broken. i've been using my asus v7700 deluxe agp video card on my SOYO Dragon+ for a months now with no problems. for xmas i got a new SB Audigy sound card. installed it, everything worked fine. then, this morning i went to turn on my computer and i got a series of random beeps from the motherboard, and nothing happened on the monitor, but it sounded like the computer booted, i could hear the hard drives spin up, and heard the floppy drive make noise. so, i took out my asus video card, and replaced it with a geforce2 MX card (AGP) that i had lying around. turned on the computer, and this time got 2 beeps from the board, but still no video. so finally i tried an old voodoo3 (PCI) that i had. turned it on, and the computer worked normally. could the AGP slot go bad?? i mean the board isn't that old, only a month or so. i've tried resetting the CMOS and flashing the BIOS, no luck. i've even rebuilt the entire PC, and made sure everything was seated properly. if i use any more force to put the video card in i'm sure i'll break something. any other ideas? thanks in advance. ~Andrew

2. brianF

brianF

do you have assign irq for vga enabled in the bios.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to reinstall 4 in 1 drivers, I think thats an amd chipset board anyway.

What happens if you remove the sound card and put the video card back in

3. andrewp

andrewp Thread Starter

yes, assign IRQ for VGA is enabled in bios.
    i can't install the 4 in 1 drivers because computer will not POST.
    if i take out the sound card i get the same problems.

4. brianF

brianF

I though it would work with pci card, install drivers, shutdown, install other card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice