1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chriscam2001, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chriscam2001

chriscam2001 Thread Starter

I have reason to believe that my agp slot went bad but i could be wrong. I was just wondering if AGP slot go bad

2. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

What makes you so sure its the AGP slot and not the graphics card or drivers?

I suppose the AGP bus could short circuit or something!

3. chopinjmb

chopinjmb

I bet it is your AGP card rather than the actual slot itself, unless you have been mistreating it

4. chriscam2001

I have gotten 3 new video cards just because I thought they went bad. But I have recently checked them out, and they work fine. When I disable the card, I have no errors, no auto reboots, and no bsod. I disable the card 10 times 10/10 it did not get errors. And the 10/10 with it enabled did get errors. And I tried with the other cards

Radeon All in wonder 64mb
    Pny geforce 4 mx 420 64mb
    3d phophet 9000 pro 128mb

5. Bvr01Fvr

Bvr01Fvr

If you take your card out the computer will just simply boot into VGA mode. I don't think you are supposed to get an error beep for that. I could be wrong though!

What problems were you having with your graphics cards to start with?

6. chriscam2001

Nothing happens when i take the card out and no it doesn't beep.

I don't think anything is wrong with the card or cards i should say. Actually I know there isn't anything wrong with my cards. I just get the bsod,and physical dumps. Just my basic trouble shooting lead me to believe it might be the agp slot, but i don't know.

I have gotten 3 new video cards just because I thought they went bad. But I have recently checked them out, and they work fine. When I disable the card, I have no errors, no auto reboots, and no bsod. I disable the card 10 times 10/10 it did not get errors. And the 10/10 with it enabled did get errors. And I tried with the other cards

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/104531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice