1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP Slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IgneousPrime, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hiya.

Okay, my AGP slot can go to 8x and so can my radeon card. But how do I set my radeon card to 8x? Cause on the SMARTGART thingy it has, there's an option only up to 4x. -_-;; How come it won't lemme choose 8x! :(

~IggyP~

2. giskard

giskard

Which card are you using, it might not support 8X?

3. IgneousPrime

It says on the front: AGP 8x/4x. It's an ATI Radeon 9200. it meh old video card and I'm using it for meh other comp.

4. giskard

giskard

5. IgneousPrime

Where is my Bios setup? o_O

6. giskard

giskard

When you first boot up, at the windows splash screen press Escape "Esc" key. on the screen there should be a line that says "To enter BIOS press XXX key",or something similar, press the key indicated in the message. it's usually F1, Esc, or Delete.

I wouldn't recommend changing anything without advice. The BIOS stores vital info about your computers hardware, and you can really mess it up if you don't know what to change.

Can't be more specific without knowing your computers make and model. Post back with the Make and Model of computer you're using. Then we can give more specific instructions on changing the BIOS, or if it will even help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice