AGP... Soundcard clash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mbaybut

I installed a new MB and CPU and I'm now getting lock ups on my games that access 3D graphics. If I disable the soundcard it works fine, albiet rather quiet. I've tried the soundcard in all 5 pci slots with the same result. I also tried to chane the soundcard resourses manually but it won't let me do that. How can I force the soundcard to use different resourses?
Mike:(

what operating system are you running

What do your irq's look like

start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, left hand side, hardware environment, click on it, select irq's. You will see a list in the right hand frame.
Go to edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy then paste the list back here

Mbaybut

Brian, Thank you,
Here they are. One of my games will run for about 45 sec then lock up. Could it be a driver problem than a hardware conflict?

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard OK
IRQ 2 Programmable interrupt controller OK
IRQ 4 OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM2) OK
IRQ 5 ECP Printer Port (LPT1) OK
IRQ 6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus OK
IRQ 10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
IRQ 10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
IRQ 10 Monster Sound II Multifunction Parent OK
IRQ 10 Monster Sound II PCI Audio OK
IRQ 11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
IRQ 11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
IRQ 11 ABIT Siluro MX400 OK
IRQ 11 VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 11 VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller OK
IRQ 11 3Com EtherLink XL PCI TPO NIC (3C900B-TPO) OK
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo) OK
IRQ 15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) OK

Mike

You have an IRQ conflict with IRQ 11 with 3 devices. Try assigning your Network card to IRQ 7 since it's free and it looks like you have IRQ 3 free also.

Mbaybut

Even before I installed anything other than the video and sound I would get the same problem. Could that still be a conflict when they were using different IRQ's?
Mike
Mike

I go alone with what rockn posted but curious, what motherboard and cpu have you installed

I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! ITS A CONSPIRACY! Crazy Asus! bent floppy pins and IRQ conflicts from out of the blue...A7V's are evil! EVIL! Although mines running fine now....but still...you know...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online