1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AGP Texture Acceleration Not Available

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by computerpain, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computerpain

computerpain Thread Starter

Howdy,
    My AGP Texture Acceleration is Not Available in DXDIAG.
    I have installed and reinstalled various Detenator Drivers in attempt to get this to work. I have installed a couple new versions of my Ali AGP driver in forms of a stand alone and an integrated driver. I have installed the latest version of my system BIOS and checked and checked it's settings. I have uninstalled and then installed again RivaTuner and tweaked with its settings. I have installed older versions and up to date version of Direct X. I have uninstalled my graphics adapter and agp driver and rebooted. I believe I have done everything in attempt to make AGP Texture Acceleration Available in DXDIAG. All where done in combinations from research of this problem on the web. My graphics card had it enabled at one time. I am not sure when it became unabled. But I cannot remedy the situation. Attached is my DirectX txt file. Please help me resolve this problem. I have spent too much time on it and wondering if I am overlooking something. Help me please. You are my only hope TechSupportGuys and Gals.

Thanks,
    Computerpain

Attached Files:

2. computerpain

computerpain Thread Starter

I fixed it all! Here is the article I got from www.evga.com:

KB No:_471 Date Entered:_6/3/2002 Last Modified:_8/6/2002
    Topic Why is the AGP Texture Acceleration grayed out in Dxdiag. I am currently using an ALi chipset motherboard. Also, I am getting horrible 3DMark scores and poor peformace in games.
    Article Somtimes, AGP is disabled with the latest Detonator drivers for motherboards that use the ALi chipset and AGP Texture will be grayed out in Dxdiag. Customers will experience huge loss in performance and low 3DMark scores. Some people have fixed this issue by doing the following:

1. Get RivaTuner.

2. Go to the Power User tab.

3. Click on the Match Database button.

4. Under System, find EnableAliAGP.

5. Right click on this and choose the lightbulb to enable it.

6. Restart your computer.

Rivatuner is available at http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice