1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ah hoy Web browsers today

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mrwonder808, Jan 14, 2011.

?

Which Web Browser are you using?

1. IE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Firefox

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Opera

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Chrome

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrwonder808

mrwonder808 Thread Starter

Ay hoy

Just thought I create a poll on which web browsers you guys use and why. I first started off with IE as it was already available on the OS. Then as I grew older and speed hungry probably like yourselves I went to look for the alternatives. So I started using Firefox as it was faster, security felt more solid and the add on extensions really gave the user control on what they wanted when surfing the web.

But Firefox last year started to become increasingly sluggish for me, even with a fresh OS installed so I looked for another alternative and so far Opera (surprisingly) has worked well for me so far. Very fast, only downside is some web pages don't work well in Opera. Other than that, its great. Just thought I see what your opinions were.

Thanks

2. TOGG

TOGG

I abandoned IE some years ago (when it was at version 5.5 or 6) following one of the major problems (can't remember which so take your pick between Sasser, Blaster, the 'I love you' exploit or any one of the other regular reminders of how insecure IE was then).

I switched to Opera when it still carried a small advert which you could pay to remove, so I did. I'm still with Opera even though some of the later versions do seem to have more problems, probably due to the constant adding of 'new' features which aren't of any use to me but may be OK for others. Silly I know but one of the things I still like about Opera is the 'Paste and go' option in the right click menu.

I get over the Windows Updates problem by using Firefox with the IETab addon so that I am, once a month, using whichever parts of IE are needed to fool the updates site into 'playing nicely' with Firefox.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice